Search This Blog

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Gratitude

Gratitude (cedar publish)

I find pain to talk about my happiness
Because I feel it hasn’t been obtained

Like I over appreciate things
When I do not care 

I don’t love 
Or even like
The small things that come my way

Gratitude for what I have
Rests at bay

But I have so much to be grateful for,
I just don’t let these emotions poor

So much to smile about,
But I never let people know

It is as if I am waiting 
To make a mistake
So that beauty is taken away,
And I feel life from within

But how can I?

Even though, gratitude feels like a forced smile sometimes
I understand to not be grateful,
Is like a crime

Not always easy
But better than undermining moments,
And underappreciating
The days 

And the way 
They hold us

No comments:

Post a Comment