Search This Blog

Friday, July 12, 2019

Ending My Run(poem)

    Ending My Run   

Trying not to face the truth, 
Trying not to look you in the eye.
Captive words practiced but not released, 
More than a million times


“I killed her!” 
Screams rent the air.
As we bury me
In animosity, so effortless...


Then footsteps befitting you,
Come out of the blue.
Footsteps reeking of sorrow and agitation,
Of which, I can find no differentiation.


And I hold burden in my veins.
Body slowly paralyzed in chains,
Self-deprecation and fear of the unknown.
Heart is slowly torn...


See him coming
Heart is pounding,
And stricken with a knife,


You face the bitter truth,
Not thinking twice.


My thoughts I can no longer steer
Soul breaking in fear,
My savior and killer is here
He is coming, and I am here…

-Sanjana Karthik

No comments:

Post a Comment