Search This Blog

Friday, July 12, 2019

Nothing To Keep Me(poem)

Nothing To Keep Me    

I’m scared of being forgotten.
Because then it means
The last person to forget,
Has forgotten me.

No one to be with, when the days grow old,
And the nights don’t hold,
My soul anymore

Feeling secure,
But then knowing one day 
He won’t be here

I’ll have no one...
No one to hold on to,
Nothing to keep me from falling down.

When the wicked clock snatches him along,
He'll be the one, brave enough to let me go on;
Selfless and broken for so long

Feeling fear in seeing the day,
When life captures me in its dismay.
Forcing me to say goodbye,
To the one thing that brought me a smile.

Because I feel so secure.
But I know one day he won’t be here,
A creation without a creator,
A child without a father.

“So Father will you be gone
When I will have no one…”
No one to hold on to,
Nothing to keep me 

From falling down...

-Sanjana Karthik


No comments:

Post a Comment